There are two kinds of solar storms: coronal mass ejections (CMEs) and solar flares. A flare occurs when magnetic energy builds to a peak near the Sun’s surface and explodes. This intense, fast-paced event sends high-energy particles into space. A much larger storm, a CME erupts when magnetic field lines snap, sending billions of tons of particles into space at millions of miles per hour. The particle cloud expands to over 30 million miles by the time it reaches Earth.
Credit: SOHO (ESA & NASA)
When Homestucks find a post infinitesimally related to Homestuck
who gives a fuck its still a sun thats green which makes accurate
This just had to fucking pop up on my dash, and it’s always fucking relevant so I have to reblog it.
Instantly crying at the sheer truth behind his image. This is so fucking beautiful.
And people wonder why I’m so fucking codependant.
This post explains it better than I ever could.
SUPER QUICK HOMESTUCK GIVEAWAY YEAH!
First, sorry if this post is in bad quality because I’m on mobile right now. (Please forgive me for any spelling errors or shitty quality photos)
This giveaway will end at 9:00 pm CHRISTMAS EVE and winners will have until Midnight on New Years to respond! I live in Toronto Ontario so you can figure out the timezone there.
I will ship anywhere, and the winners will be chosen by a random generator. I will also make a post announcing the winners.
WHAT YOU COULD WIN:
- One consort OR scalemate plush of your choice
- One backpack of your choice
- One lunchbox of your choice
- One land art print of your choice
- One consort OR scalemate plush of your choice.
- No giveaway blogs (and I will check).
- Must be willing to provide personal information required for shipping
- Must respond before New Year’s Eve my time or else someone else will be chosen
- You don’t have to follow me but if you do I might throw in something extra
- Only two entries per person; one for a reblog and one for a like. Please be mindful of your followers dashboard and don’t spam them!